Sunday, March 07, 2010

March 2, 2010 - It was WARM enough for the Zoo...hooray!

March 2, 2010 - The temperature was around 56 degrees so I figured we wouldn't freeze if we went to the zoo. I was so right! It was glorious to be outside, enjoying the animals and being outside, and did I mention...being outside! I love seasons, but I also love it when seasons change. Winter was nice, the snow was beautiful, but I am ready for Spring to arrive. I don't normally take pictures when we go to the zoo, because we go quite often, but seeing as it was our first trip of the season, here you go...... The baby elephant is still cute and "little."
See the lynx and it's antennas. The most beloved tiger statues. Like I said, we go to the zoo quite often, but we NEVER miss a chance to sit on the tigers'.



We didn't stay too long with the giraffes because Aniston thought it was too stinky. She was pretty grossed out that their poop was on the floor....gross!


Normally I don't take pictures of just the animals, because 20 years from now I don't want to have "memories" of the animals, but this time we got to see the sloth up close. It was pretty cool. It didn't "do" anything, just hung on to the tree, but still...I thought it was neat. And so concludes our first trip of the year to the zoo. Welcome back spring, we have missed you!

No comments: