Monday, November 15, 2010

November 11, 2010 - Zoo with Daddy!

November 11, 2010 - Austin has worked for a bank our entire married life. How is it possible that I was taken by surprise to find out that all banks have Veteran's Day off? And in no way do I mean this disrespectfully, but I swear I don't ever remember celebrating or remembering Veteran's Day.....ever. Is this a new holiday? I know it's not, but I dare say that pregnancy brain is affecting my memory. I am incredibly grateful for the sacrifice for the men and women that serve this country and am grateful that we have a day to honor them. New holiday or not, , we got to have Daddy home for an entire day and we loved it! We went up to the zoo in near freezing weather and had a fantastic time. There were literally dozens of people there...maybe two dozen. I love it when there is no one there. Also, when it is cold, all of the animals are so much more active. We had a great time!


Admiring the Christmas lights.....only a couple of more days until we are putting up our Christmas tree. I'm really excited for the Christmas season, why wait?

Daddy and his girls....LOVE!
Tylar was getting upset at the cheetah because it wouldn't stay still. She kept running after it saying, "Buddy, hey buddy!"

Of course we had to stop to have our moment with the tiger statues.....they (the tigers) were freezing!

I hardly ever take pictures of animals, but I had never seen the tigers this active before.
This one almost jumped in the water...it was super fun to watch!

No comments: