Wednesday, October 05, 2011

September 24, 2011 - Triathamom

September 24, 2011 - I did my first try at a triathlon...bleh! I think I would have enjoyed the experience much more if I had been able to breathe. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of myself for doing it, but it was frustrating because my body is capable of doing much better than I did. I finished in 1 hour and 45 minutes...okay. Over the past 18 months or so I have dealt with a condition called subglottic stenosis (and will probably deal with for the rest of my life), which basically is a narrowing of the airway. I just had my third surgery yesterday (October 4, 2011) to open the airway back up. The doctor said that prior to the surgery my airway was comparable to the airway of a 2 year-old. Needless to say, I would like to try another triathlon with the breathing capabilities of an adult. Everyone I passed asked if I was okay as I wheezed by. I think I'll try again another time :) My sister-in-law Savana did it too...way to go!

Here I am crossing the finish line....wheezing!

I was SO HAPPY to be done!

The girls, Austin, and my dad came out to support me. I was so happy to see them...even if the little ones weren't thrilled to be there.

I LOVE Tylar's face in this picture!



No comments: