Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tippy...tippy....tippy - January 20, 2009

January 20, 2009 was a day that will go down in history. Not only did we swear in our new commander in chief, President Obama, but Aniston started ballet!

Our little ballet experience is an 8 week community ballet class, and I must admit it is hilarious! The first week, we got into the gym and Aniston ran straight to the teacher, without even the slightest glance back to her mom. I had one of those moments where I thought she was growing up way too fast...she doesn't even need me anymore! Week two, however, was a different story. She cried/hung on to my leg for a good 45 minutes and then participated for the remaining ten or so. Granted, I had to wake her up right before we left, and it normally takes her 30 minutes or so to get back in the swing of things. Week three the teacher was "sick." Maybe she was sick or maybe she was regretting signing up to teach ten 3-year-olds ballet. Week 4 Austin came to watch his little dancer. He kept asking me if she had ADD because she was constantly doing her own thing. When the rest of the girls were in line "practicing" positions, Aniston would quickly do her position and then go off to stretch or do her own dancing. All-in-all, I think we have gotten our $25 worth out of the class and we aren't even halfway through!
December 27, 2008 - Just our girls playing...

No comments: