Thursday, May 28, 2009

May 20, 2009 - Happy 1st Birthday Tylar Grace!

May 20, 2009 - Happy Birthday to our little Tylar Gracie! How/when did this happen?!? Our sweet Tylar brings us so much joy and laughter. She has the sweetest personality and is just adorable from head to toe! From her crazy hair, to her adult-sized teeth, to her scrunch nose face, we just can't get enough of her! She is loved by all, especially her mommy, daddy, and favorite sister!

This awesome tent/tunnel/ball throwing "thing" was enjoyed by all....more so by the grown-up boys, but the kids enjoyed it too!



Although I have only slept through the night once in over a year (literally) I wouldn't trade it for anything! If you have to get up and hang out with someone, who better than our adorable Tylar!
Grandpa Craig helped to "break-in" several of the new toys.


I had to wake Tylar up right as the party was starting. She was a bit somber for awhile, hence the somber look.


As we were looking for a gift for Tylar, Aniston said, "Tylar likes ponnies..Tylar likes pollies...." Yes, I know that Tylar likes all the things that Aniston likes. Amazing. Fortunately for Aniston, I mean Tylar, Uncle Cade and Aunt Lisa came through on the pony.


The theme for Tylar's party was inspired by Oscar the Grouch. Not because Tylar is grouchy, because truly she is not. She does, however, like to eat garbage. Oscar likes to eat garbage too...wallah! After blowing out the candle, I didn't even have Tylar eat any because it was close to bedtime...I know, lame! She didn't care. In fact, I am sure she was grateful to not have a tummy full of sugar before bed...right?
Tylar had plenty of help with her gifts...thanks again everyone!


Oscar the Grouch in all his glory. I am not going to lie, I was quite pleased with the way our little cake turned out. Aniston was very helpful cleaning up the unused frosting.
Aniston was excited ALL DAY for Tylar's birthday. Throughout the day she would remind Tylar that it was her birthday. If Tylar started to fuss, Aniston would say, "Don't be sad Tylar, it's your birthday." "Tylar, it's your birthday!" "Happy Birthday Tylar!" "Tylar, you have an Oscar the Grouch cake...see." Amidst all the celebrating, Aniston paused for a moment and asked me to take her picture...there you go.

2 comments:

bentanelle said...

I AM SO SORRY I MISSED TYLAR'S FIRST BIRTHDAY! I can't believe I did that. I am sorry Mar! I will call you later, but I wanted to say cute pictures! They look adorable and we miss seeing them! I can't believe it has been a year, here is to another year with sleeping included, right?

Janene said...

cute cake. Well done, you! Maybe her somber look is HER contemplating what a full night sleep would feel like. :o)