Wednesday, July 07, 2010

May 27, 2010 - Happy Birthday to my Aussie!

May 27, 2010 - I figured this was my year to win "Wife of the Year" award. Although I wanted to surprise him with his gift, I figured Austin would like to help me plan it. I thought it would be great to take a "baseball" trip up to New York for his 28th birthday. Everything was planned! We had our airfare and were planning on going to see the Mets, Yankees, and Red Sox during our trip. However, the stars were NOT aligning for us to go. Leading up to the trip/his birthday the nausea/blah from this pregnancy (although it is a blessing to have the "all-day" sickness while pregnant, physically I was miserable!) was getting more intense. I didn't care...we were going on this trip and we were going to have a good time! In the days leading up to the trip, on top of being pregnant sick, I also got the goo that was going around. Austin (and pretty much everyone else) recommended that we postpone the trip, but I was having none of it. We were going to go, rain or shine, nausea or no nausea, breathing or not. The days leading up to the trip Tylar got sick and the day before we were to go Aniston got pink eye. At this point, I was even willing to concede that this trip was not meant to be.
I had called JetBlue and tried to get the cancellation/transfer fees reduced, but I got a solid NO! That meant $100 each ticket to get them changed...boo! Later that evening, Austin got on the phone and spoke with "Lindsey" and we had won! Austin has a gift with people! With his charm he got all the fees removed.....again, it was confirmed to me in all my pregnancy/sick craziness that we were not to go to New York over his birthday.
So instead of seeing the Mets, Yankees, and Red Sox for his 28th birthday, we ended up at home with pizza and cheese cake that my Dad so graciously picked up for us on his way home from work. Although I didn't have a Plan B for Austin's birthday, he still knows he is loved. I promised him that one day I would be normal again and maybe even do my hair and put on make up.
We were all sick anyway, so the girls had a great time licking off all the frosting.

No comments: