Saturday, June 30, 2012

June 30, 2012 - We're growing all sorts of things!

June 30, 2012 - We're growing all sorts of things...

This year I really wanted to plant my very first garden. My little garden almost didn't come to pass due to the fact that I was sicker than I thought imaginable! I get a great deal of comfort from being sick while pregnant....it makes me feel like everything is going just as it should. I must say, I spent two+ months being unbelievably comforted! We are thrilled to be growing another little bug and are so excited to welcome our FOURTH little one come Thanksgiving. The actual due date is November 26, 2012, but I wouldn't be surprised to deliver a little turkey on Thanksgiving! As of today, I am 19 weeks. I have felt HUGE, but looking at this picture I look like I am right on track. I have been almost this big since conception....seriously! I think the baby is starting to fill out the roomy space I've created for him/her. We are not going to find out if our girls are getting a brother or sister this time and I am so excited about it. I NEVER thought I would want to wait to find out, but when I brought it up with Austin and he was on board it made not finding out that much more exciting!


In addition to growing a baby, we are also growing a variety of vegetables. Thanks to Grandpa Craig, who put together the box and delivered a truck full of wonderful dirt, I planted my Mother's Day seeds of watermelons, tomatoes, carrots, peppers, peas, radishes, zuccini, cucumber, and pumpkins. I love going out each day to water my little plants. I LOVE IT! I'm certainly not doing this to sustain our family, but it has been so fun to watch our little seeds grow!
 This morning I noticed that a couple of our radishes were ripe for the pickin'.  We had to wait for Tylar to wake up because I knew she would be bummed if we had this monumental moment without her.
 And here they are...our very first radishes!

 Aniston thought they looked like swords.
 Tylar thought that radishes were supposed to be purple, but was still pleased with what we got.
Siri LOVES being outside! 

 I can't believe Siri is 18 months old!  Seriously....this is crazy!  I just love these girls!

3 comments:

Jaclyn, Brandon, Ava & Emma said...

yay so happy for you guys! I think it sounds so exciting to not find out but I am not sure I could do it! waiting 20 weeks is long enough lol good luck and awesome garden i need to do one :)

Haws Family said...

Just catching up on your blog, and wanted to say congrats!! We are expecting our sixth little girl in a few weeks. :)

Your family is adorable. :)

Janene said...

I haven't been to check on your blog for awhile .. and WOW what wonderful news. Love that you aren't finding out too!! Good luck, take it easy {when you can!} :o)