Wednesday, June 06, 2012

May 20, 2012 - Happy 4th Birthday, Tylar Grace!!!

May 20, 2012 - Tylar Grace is four!  Much to her chagrin, Tylar's birthday fell on a Sunday and we had to go to church.  I think it seems a little early for a child to not like church because it is "boring" (althouth while she is at church she is very happy).  We got up bright and early to celebrate with "fancy" birthday cereal and she got to open one gift...Alice and Wonderland La La Loopsy dolls. 

 Here we are decorating Alice and (in?) Wonderland cupcakes.  I have learned a thing or two over the past six years of being a mom.  For me, I have learned that when it comes to birthdays and birthday cakes, give them what THEY want,  not what YOU want. 
 Over the years I have made quite a few elaborate cakes, but my girls don't even like cake.  They just like the idea of a cake....and I think I do too.  If they ask for an elaborate cake, I will be happy to make it.  However, over the past few years they have asked for cupcakes.  I am learning that really means just one or two cupcakes....so why am I killing myself making a million?  Well, no more!  Tylar said she wanted an Alice cupcake and that is what she got.  After frosting her Alice cupcake, I frosted a few more Alice themed cupcakes and Tylar and Aniston each frosted some too.  I asked if she wanted to  make any more and she said no....it was lovely!








 



We have several May birthday's on the Sorensen side of the family.  This year we have started to celebrate everyone's birthday during the month at one big party...which happened the week prior to Tylar's actual birthday.  I didn't get any pictures because I forgot my camera and I felt horrible. 

Grandma Eileen and Grandpa Craig came to celebrate Tylar's birthday with us with dinner, presents, and cupcakes.  Grandma and Grandpa hit a home-run with Tylar's Pinkaliciousi themed gift.  In addition to the Pinkalicious book, Tylar also got pink cupcakes, pink frosting, sprinkles, and a Pinkalicious game.  We have read that book at least 30 times and it never gets old!

Tylar was born feisty!  She know what she wants and she has a mind of her own.  It seems as though as soon as she hit four, something in her mellowed a bit.  She is still feisty, but just a little more grown up!  We love this bug more than we can say!

No comments: