Friday, June 08, 2012

May 27, 2012 - Austin is 30!

May 27, 2012
My handsome, wonderful husband is officially old!  Not really.  Thirty doesn't seem old once you get there.  I'm wondering if that is how life is.  One day Austin and I will be sitting in our rocking chairs, just having celebrated our 90th birthdays and say, "90 really doesn't seem so old now that we are here."  Well, maybe by 90 it will seem old.

Anyhow, Aussie turned 30!  Again, we had another birthday fall on a Sunday this year so birthday festivities started early and were a bit rushed.  Austin had an early morning meeting, so we didn't have too much time to open gifts and eat his birthday breakfast.
 Siri wasn't quite awake yet to celebrate Daddy's  birthday.
 Here he is...a 30 year-old man!  So handsome!

 Here are the very specific golf balls that Austin likes.  Pro-V ones in the orange box, with the thick arrow, and high numbers in the corner.  I have no idea what that indicates other than the fact that he likes them.
 I felt like a rock-star wife.  When I went to Uintah golf Austin had told me before hand to ask for Brian or Steve to help me look for the right golf balls for him.  First off, I began to wonder how often he was at Uintah golf to have the staff know him by name.  Granted, we went to school with Steve, so that is understandable.  Anyhow, once I got there, Uintah golf Brian was there to help me out.  Normally, I would never consider getting Austin a club of any kind because, obviously, clubs are very specifc to their owners.  I asked Uintah Golf Brian if there was anything specific in the store that I could get Austin for his 30th birthday.  He told me that Austin had been in trying out a wedge and that he had ordered one in for him.  SCORE!  SOLD! 

How awesome would it be for me to get him a club (or in this case a wedge) that he would actually use?!?  I was ecstatic!  I was so excited for him to open it and LOVE it and be able to use it!  Well, Austin was pleased, but it wasn't the right wedge.  He was being so sweet, telling me that Uintah golf Brian should know that he doesn't use a 60 degree wedge, but rather a 57 or 53 degree (I don't remember which.....which is why I don't usually try to purchase things like this).  Oh well, it is the thought that counts.  As we were cleaning things up a business card fell out from Uintah golf Brian that said, "Your 57 (or 53) is on it's way.  Happy Birthday!"  Uintah golf Brian knew I was taking home the wrong wedge, but didn't even tell me...thanks a lot.
It is crazy to think that Austin and I have known each other and been friends for over 17 years.  That's crazy!  I love my Aussie and what a wonderful husband, daddy, and friend he is!  I am so blessed to have him.  I had always wanted to marry Austin, and I still am so incredibly grateful and blessed that I was the one who got him forever!

No comments: